Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.d-i-y,uk.gov.social-security,uk.rec.cars.misc
Dave Liquorice Dave Liquorice is offline

Default Do old -style opticians cut lenses on premises [OT]

On Sun, 24 Sep 2006 18:12:56 +0100, Graybags wrote:

Glass lenses are trickier to scratch, but will "pit" with impact, and
will shatter if you fall on your face,

I try not to fall flat on my face it hurts the nose. If I do fall (a rare
event) I find the natural action of gazing ones hands or rolling causes
the glasses to fly off and, very occasionally, shatter elsewhere.

Loss of eyesight for the sake of new lenses every now and then due to
scratches seems to be a poor pay-off to me.

In nearly 40 years of wearing glasses I don't think I have ever had a
lens break or shatter whilst they have been near my eyes. I have had
plastic lenses and they became annoyingly scratched in a a year or two.
With glass lenses they might get one or two in their life of many years.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail