Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] dkuhajda@locl.net is offline

Default Mitsu HDTV red gun missing WT46807

Glen wrote:
I have a Mitsubishi WT 46807 wide screen HDTV - ready projection now
about 6 years old.
about 2 years ago I had a problem with the STK's and convergence.
initially I was able to clean the chassis and the problem went away for
a couple months (too much heat)
after consulting a repair tech. and looking at upwards of $500 I
decided to repair myself.
when I said that I might consider replacement he offered to take the
set off my hands but offered no $$
I found the 2 STK's he quoted at $75 for $8
Found the STK's were poorly heat sinked (grease on PCB not STK)
Replaced and worked fine until 2 weeks ago.

Current Problem:
Initially it appeared as a cold start on the RED gun.
Color would come in over 15 minutes. (warm up)
Now it looks like I have lost RED all together.
When I go into convergence I have only a blue adjust and cannot see any
RED hues.
I do have some of the manual quoted below: snip

I have some schematics but have not
fully explored...

Thoughts? Help? Thanks - Glen

Start at the red picture tube, verify filament and main bias voltages,
then work your way back to the red drive from the video circuit looking
at the waveforms on the oscilloscope.

Do a good inspection for any signs of leaking capacitors or leaking
coolant while you are in the set as well.