Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
hwahl hwahl is offline

Default Brilliant Idea or Dumb Idea

charlie b wrote:
Having just recently blown through the top of a turned lidded vessel,
and having noted that a light shining into the inside while looking
from the outside makes it semi-obvious how thick or thin the walls
are. But you can't put a light inside while your working on the inside
- duh.

Charlie - there is a small bright light that you can tape to your tool
just behind the cutting edge, that will give you sufficient light to
turn a consistently thin wall. The cord is taped at a couple spots
along the handle. I've seen these used a number of times - just have
not had the need myself.
Sorry I don't have a source for this - but suspect a bit of googling or
talking to major suppliers will turn it up.
- Hought