CROQ

Default OT- Writer Mark Steyn ...

"jim rozen" wrote in message
In article , Jonathan Barnes

says...

I also don't understand the difference in the stats
quoted, between "fatal accidents" and "accident deaths."

A coach crashes of a bridge.... 1 fatal accident... 40 accident

deaths.

How about a ten-car pile-up where one person dies - would
that then be 10 fatal accidents, and one accident death?

Just seems to me that the defintions (and the formatting!!)
of those statistics presented left a *lot* to the
imagination.

Jim

Now I'm curious, in construction they have so many deaths per work
performed/money spent etc. Is there a baseline for deaths per complex
product? 100 million guns = 10,000 deaths. 200 million cars = 20,000
deaths. 10 thousand punch presses = 10 deaths. Build a better mouse
trap and it's going to kill at least 2% of the buyers.