Posted to alt.home.repair
CJT CJT is offline

Default All circuit breakers off but still have power

wrote:

I am in a detached home, not sharing electrical with anyone. I tested
by plugging in a radio and hitting every breaker. The radio never went
off. So, lets assume I have a broken breaker. How do I locate the
breaker for this circuit or test each breaker to find the broken one.

Did you try the main breaker? That might be informative. Maybe it's a
battery powered radio.

You could disconnect each breaker in turn. Or check the voltage across
each breaker while they're all off (one will have 0 volts, the others
will be 120 v -- unless they're ALL bad).