Posted to alt.home.repair
buffalobill buffalobill is offline

Default Stone retaining walls

your local permit office will tell you about local construction
requirements related to soil, foundations, drainage, and property line
distances.

jeffc wrote:
I'm terracing a small hillside with 2 retaining walls. Each wall will be
about 2 - 2.5 feet high and there will be about 2-3 feet between them
depending on my final design. It would be easy to buy those prefab stones
that stack. But I'm thinking I'd prefer natural stone, like the nearby
steps. They are stone veneer mortared over cinder block. One guy told me I
could use 6x2 planks held in place with rebar, then veneer over that. But I
don't know how that would be done specifically. I'm wondering what my
options are for natural stone. If anyone has any web links I'd appreciate
it.