Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Prometheus Prometheus is offline

Default Spotting the wild mentor. Long musing about a few I've seen.

On 28 Aug 2006 20:20:19 -0700, "Joe Fleming" wrote:

Arch,

I like it too. I would add: Mr. "Before we can start, let me tell you
about safety" who, by the time he is done rattling on about face
shields, dust collection, sharp tools and loose clothing, you are
either too bored to turn or too scared.

And one further addendum:

Mr. "It's sort of tough to *cut* with the chisels- I've found that
just holding them straight and pushing them in seems to work the best
for most people. Be back in a bit."

Good thing we have the internet, or I'd probably still be trying to do
that way today- seems like a foolish thing for a guy getting paid to
teach a woodworking class to say, but I guess he wasn't much of a
turner. In the guy's defense, he was very sharp when it came to flat
work, and I did learn a thing or three in the class.