Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default Tesco 5m tape rule

On 2006-09-23 10:47:44 +0100, "The Medway Handyman"
said:

"Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk ;¬)" wrote:
Christian McArdle wrote:

Wow! Do all Tescos have these?

I normally have to go to France to pick up metric only tapes and my
supply is running low.

Surely I can't be the only one that juggles between metric and
imperial depending which whole number or division comes closest to
the mark?

Nope! There is a solution http://www.bobsrule.com/

Now I've seen it all.

Last time I was in the U.S. I spotted what I thought was the ultimate
in silly products. This was a contractor's calculator. Basically
one can input figures in their deprecated old imperial feet and inches,
including fractions, and it works out results including the
trigonometry for roof angles and so on.

Maybe they'll enter the 21st century at some point....