Posted to alt.home.repair
Mike O'Donnell Mike O'Donnell is offline

Default $1200

"dkhedmo" wrote in message
news
Been in our new house coming up on two weeks now. (Our first house, an
early '50's ranch on a slab.) So far, an unexpected plumbing repair has
cost $1200, and today's chimney inspection has revealed a problem with a
fix costing $1200. Lemme guess what the electrician is going to say on
Monday to upgrade the panel: $1200?! I need an aspirin.

-Karen-

I don't know the details of your electrical work, but, a few years ago a
neighbor had his panel replaced. It needed replaced (it was in bad shape),
and he also upgraded to 200A.

The cost was about $1,200.....

Welcome to the joys of (not quite) "new" home ownership.

We moved into our 1969 two-story home a few years ago. Since then I've
replaced the electrical panel, water heater, a bunch of the plumbing, and am
currently working on replacing the windows. Roof will need shingled in the
next few years, and the A/C is about 20 years old.

I've been able to do the work so far (saves a little $), but roof and A/C
will be hired out.

Mike O.