Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Getting Cold In Here

On 22 Sep 2006 12:30:43 -0700, wrote:

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
wrote in message
Ya listen to you. You've probably screwed up a number of things in
your house and others. The point is, if you don't understand how it
works, leave it alone and call someone who does.

Yes, you should listen to me. Have I ever screwed up something? Yes, of
course. But I've learned hot to fix many things a low or no cost and have
saved thousands of dollars over the years. Every project is a learning
experience. Any wiring I've done has been inspected and approved. Any
plumbing I've done has been inspected and approved.

There are many things I don't understand, but I take a little time, follow
the wires, follow the pipes, and find solutions to problems. I make a
pretty good living at finding solutions to problems. Perhaps you have a
life as a pencil pusher in an office and have no uderstanding of things
mechanical. That is OK, we all don't want to learn everything, but don't
admonish others that do want to learn.

After sitting for the summer, many a solenoid valve will stick. A tap of a
hammer can save a $150 service call. Thee is nothing unsafe about that.
Checking hte batteries of a thermostat is not unsafe. Checking the position
of switches is not unsafe. I did not recommend that pipes be opened up.

Educate yourself. You can save a lot of money.

I've built and fixed more things in a week then you'll see in a life
time......Sonny. I've watched many people play with gas only to screw
it up and cost themselves more money. Most of the time the money ends

But you threatened Fuzzy with blowing up his house. Now you're just
talking about money. If Fuzzy does waste some money the first time,
that might be the prelude to saving money next time and ever after.

Anyhow, Fuzzy should know his skills, aptitude, and limitations, and
decide for himself. It's not like you think you are stopping others
from giving him leads to follow. He should know which ones he can do
and which he can't.

up in my pocket. I agree that there are plenty of people out there
that can fix many things, but when it comes to something of this
nature, leave to the Pros......I'm sure some day I'll read about you!!!