Posted to alt.home.repair
buffalobill buffalobill is offline

Default Whirlpool vs Maytag washers

see intensive coverage of this common dilemma at:
http://applianceguru.com/

aspasia wrote:
Clothes washer fills but will not agitate. Possible cause: lid
switch. Debating whether to pay hefty service charge or buy new.
$$ is definitely a factor. but I don't want to do
penny-wise/pound- foolish.

Local appliance store said that if I decide to replace 11-year-old
washer, don't get Maytag; "their service has slipped" (quoting them).

I know Whirlpool recently bought Maytag, but do not understand the
relevance of that purchase to potentially better service.

Does that mean that if I buy a Maytag now, I will get inferior service
(assuming store's advice was accurate) and that Whirlpool will not
support Maytags purchased before their acquired Maytag?

Confused.

Aspasia