Posted to alt.home.repair
DK DK is offline

Default DISCOLORED WATER FROM NEW GAS HOT WATER HEATER

On 21 Sep 2006 11:04:42 -0700, wrote:

I had a gas State Select 80 gallon hot water heater installed five
months ago. From day one my hot water will be discolored (looks like
air in water) for the first 20 seconds after it is turned on. If I
drain the water from the tank pressure relief valve I get the same
result. The tank also rumbles when heating, sounds as if the water is
boiling, but it is not. The dealer has drained the tank at least three
times, trimed some type of rod inside the tank and added a accumulator
tank to the top of the unit. So far the manufacturer has refused to
replace the tank. If I leave the discolored water in a glass it will
clear up in about ten minutes. I have had four electric hot water
heaters in the house since 1971, never a discoloration problem. I am on
city water and the cold water is perfect. Any suggestions as to what
my problem might be other than the Maufacturator not stading bedind his
product.

thanks
Brock

There is nothing wrong.