Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] BOBKAT00@ADELPHIA.NET is offline

Default DISCOLORED WATER FROM NEW GAS HOT WATER HEATER

Joseph Meehan wrote:
wrote:
I had a gas State Select 80 gallon hot water heater installed five
months ago. From day one my hot water will be discolored (looks like
air in water) for the first 20 seconds after it is turned on. If I
drain the water from the tank pressure relief valve I get the same
result. The tank also rumbles when heating, sounds as if the water is
boiling, but it is not. The dealer has drained the tank at least
three times, trimed some type of rod inside the tank and added a
accumulator tank to the top of the unit. So far the manufacturer has
refused to replace the tank. If I leave the discolored water in a
glass it will clear up in about ten minutes. I have had four electric
hot water heaters in the house since 1971, never a discoloration
problem. I am on city water and the cold water is perfect. Any
suggestions as to what my problem might be other than the
Maufacturator not stading bedind his product.

thanks
Brock

It seems not too unusual to me. The air dissolved in the water is
coming out. There is nothing that is going to be hurt by this. Weather
conditions and a number of factors can cause it. Of course there are other
possibilities, but that is my guess. I would expect it may decrease with
use.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit