Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jason D. Jason D. is offline

Default SD-P5071-K/KC shuts down in a second when power is applied.

Yes, protect trip. (P.D. trip), I can't believe I get X-Ray P.D. trip
and H. Def. P.D. trip too. This one that have to reset by replugging
the wall plug.

Projector was working unit when we sent it back out after resoldering
& replacing many capacitors.

Checked semiconductors and looked for any burnt resistors, none found.
Scoped the flyback waveforms and I get a series of weaker smaller
"pulses" in groups (.._-_-_-____-_-_-____...) where it should be a
nice paraola pulses of horizontal deflection then shuts down.

Two questions:

I'm really afraid this is fly failure, tell me it's not!? Eeek.

What could cause this to fail this way especially for pioneer?

Cheers, Wizard