Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Electronic ballasts

Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
John Rumm writes:

Am I missing the obvious?

I can't see any bog standard 5' fluorescent fittings on the TLC site
that come with an electronic ballast fitted... anyone point me at one or
failing that recommend supplier who has them?

I've got 3 in my garage. However, they were bought as bog standard
cheap (Wickes IIRC) 4-pack of fluorescent fittings, and I bought
3[*] electronic ballasts to fit in them. That was by far the cheapest
option I could find for electronic ballast fittings. It also meant
I could select the type of starting option I wanted, which is info
which never seems to be provided with electronic ballast fittings;
I wanted instant start with no pre-heat, at expense of tube life.

[*] The 4th fitting in the loft didn't merit an electronic ballast.

if theyre all for use in one place, eg garage, it might be more
comfortable on the eye to have one instant start and the rest preheat

NT