Chris

Default Joining co-axial cable outdoors

In article , writes
Thank you for your words of appreciation. Do have a practise in a more
comfortable place on some scraps of coax first - and be warned that
soldering with the wind blowing can be a pain in the bum, as you lose
heat quite a lot faster than indoors. Fine if you have a 40W
temp-controlled iron, as it'll simply keep up with the added loss; less
fine if you are waving that 15W little yellow Antex about ;-)

It's done. And it works. Radio 3 reception is wonderful.
But I made one stupid mistake which made me burst out laughing.
I joined the cable neatly - and tested it - and then started fixing it
to the wall - and found I hadn't taken the cable behind drain pipes
etc.!
So maybe I'll do it again - but not today!
--
Chris