Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] user2048@yahoo.com is offline

Default pinhole leak in basement floor

I wrote:
... pinhole leak in my concrete basement floor ... What can I do ?

Thanks all for the many responses so far. Please continue.

Responding to various questions and comments:

It's been a wet year (Northeast US).

We have two sump pumps, one at each end of the (large) basement.
Both work. Even when it's not raining, both sometimes run.
Both sumps were dry one year ago when we bought the place.
As was the floor.

How deep should the sump holes be?
The holes have some sort of liner on the sides, with holes for the
water to enter through.
Where should the highest hole be - right under the slab?
The holes may be lower down...

Thanks for pointing out that fixing one leak may cause others.

I think I can improve the drainage from the gutters.

Sounds like talking to an engineer would be a good idea.
What's the right name for the kind of engineer I need - e.g., "Civil"?
What's the best way to find a good one?

Thanks again.