Posted to alt.home.repair
jackson jackson is offline

Default Well Head Leaking?

wrote in message
On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 16:37:05 -0400, "tc88" wrote:

Sorry if this is the wrong group for this ? but my house well head has
water leaking out of the top. It does it about 50% of the day. I have
an overflow pipe attached to it and there is water running out of it
so it does not seem to be plugged.

Just wondering if I should be concerned since the wires to the pump
are connected near the top,(sealed of course), but neverless are
getting wet.

Seems like the water table has risen and overflowing out the top of
the well head.

Has any one ever seen this?

Thanks,

Yes, I have see it on an ARTESIAN WELL. If you have a standard
drilled well, that did not do this before, the water vein feeding your
well you may have suddenly opened to an artesian feed. But only 50%
of the say makes it really weird. Could someone or some company in
your area be backfeeding? Have you had very much rain? How deep is
this well?
What would happen if you hooked a garden hose to your overflow pipe
and went on your roof or a ladder. Try it..... How high will this
water rise? If it rises high, there is some sort of pressure,
(artesian well, back pressure, etc). If it stops are a certain
height, it's likely the water table has gotten real high for some
reason. You do have a weird problem..... Are neighbors having this
sort of problem too?

Mark

Next time you see this happening turn off the power to your well pump to be
sure that the well pump is not somehow causing it....