Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.woodturning
robo hippy robo hippy is offline

Default Review: Delta 16" VS Lathe 46-756 (Long)

Maybe I have my models confused, but I thought that the Delta was in
the $2, 000 range, with the PM in the $2700 range. This would put it in
the half of a new 24 inch Oneway. Or, as an after thought, you got it
used, was that your used price, and not the new price?
robo hippy
DGG wrote:
robo hippy said:

Nice review. I have turned on one a few times doing demos at the local
Woodcraft, and found it to be a pretty good lathe. It isn't nearly up
to the level of my PM, but still a good lathe.

Thanks! At half the price, it hardly compares to a PM 3520A, but it
does spin chunks of wood, albeit with a little less aplomb.

I should have included info on what it is like to spin a 16" chunk of
wet oak, but truthfully, I haven't tried it yet. Most of my stuff is
segmented, so absolute mass isn't as important to me right now.

I did turn a 10" chunk of knot filled cherry - no complaints.

I'm still drawn towards the Poolewood, however, maybe it's the color
scheme. ;-)

After reading your review, I was thinking that I could be very
interested in a lathe that you designed and built. Sounds like you know
your stuff. Me, I just use and abuse my lathe without knowing all of
the details.

Sounds like my first car. Used and abused.
As for the rest, I'm just an itinerate tinker.