Posted to uk.d-i-y
VisionSet VisionSet is offline

Default Leaking radiator valve

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

I am doing a lot of work in my extension and had to remove the
radiator. I took the radiator off a couple of days ago quite easily
although had a bit of trouble undoing the nut on the control valve
side. After a bit of careful force I got the nut loose and took the
radiator off.

Since then I have noticed a very minor leak from where the valve meets
the pipe that comes up from underneath the floor. I tried tightening
the valve just above the pipe but this seemed to do nothing. If fact it
was turning but not tightening anything.

If it is coming from that compression fitting then it is either a less than
perfect seal on the olive - tightening is likely to cure it.
OR
You have split the copper tubing at the base of this fitting - very easy to
do if you don't brace with a stilson or similar when undoing fitting.

If the latter you will have to drain the system or catch the dribble and DO
NOT disturb till the plumber comes. If the former properly brace the fitting
and tighten further or you will get the latter!

--
Mike W