Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] empress2454@wowway.com is offline

Default pinhole leak in basement floor

excellent answer here.

Empressess #124457

The best Games

On 21 Sep 2006 10:14:46 -0700, wrote:

I have pinhole leak in my concrete basement floor. At worst, it leaks
maybe one drop every ten seconds. The water flows across the floor
where I walk all the time, collects, and keeps the humidity high. It's
more of a problem than "pinhole leak" would suggest.

What can I do to stop the leak?

It looks as if someone tried to patch it - the leak is in the middle of
a small mounded-up area in an otherwise smooth concrete floor. (The
floor is all painted.) It's about four feet from the sump pump and
walls.

There are some other leaks at the joints between the wall and floor. To
help with these, I plan to extend the outlets of the gutters farther
from the house, seal the joint between the garage and the concrete
driveway apron, etc... But the pinhole leak is such a tiny leak - Is
there some direct fix? I might try simple/cheap/quick fixes even if
they're not guaranteed to solve the problem.

Thanks for your help.

You wont stop the leak, you need to divert the water elsewhere. The
best place would be the earth's core. Simply dig a hole in the
basement until you hit the earth's core. The water will run to the
core and turn to steam instead of entering your floor. You can then
pipe that steam to radiators and heat your home with it. Be sure to
re-cement the floor after you fill the hole with gravel, and put the
pipes into place.