Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] JGralton@gmail.com is offline

Default Leaking radiator valve

Hi,

I am doing a lot of work in my extension and had to remove the
radiator. I took the radiator off a couple of days ago quite easily
although had a bit of trouble undoing the nut on the control valve
side. After a bit of careful force I got the nut loose and took the
radiator off.

Since then I have noticed a very minor leak from where the valve meets
the pipe that comes up from underneath the floor. I tried tightening
the valve just above the pipe but this seemed to do nothing. If fact it
was turning but not tightening anything.

I plan on getting a plumber in to move the radiator pipes out from the
wall (am putting thermo board in the wall) and re-fitting a new
radiator. However,
I am not planning on doing this for a month or two. Does anyone have
any advice on how I can stop the leak permanently or even temporarily?

Any advice is much appreciated. Don't really want to get a plumber out
twice or drain the system now to fix the issue and again when I need
the plumber in a couple of months.

Cheers,

James