Posted to rec.woodworking
Jim Behning Jim Behning is offline

Default Dial indicators are expensive

My wood sticks get pulled just a little bit from the outfeed table. I
get a pretty good cut when set up as the manual recommends. I guess
that is similar to your use a level recomendation.

On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 19:15:36 -0400, "tdup2"
wrote:

I just use a good level and set it on the outfeed table. The knives are
rigtht when they just touch the top of the level.

"stryped" wrote in message
ups.com...
Thought about buying one because my manual said it was the best way to
set jointer knives. The idicator is 34 bucks. The magnetic holder is
44. That is more than I have in the jointer!