Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Removing fuel oil stain from stone foundation?

"Dejola" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have some fuel oil staining on a small portion of my stone foundation
(maybe 2 square feet). It became stained due to overflow out the vent
pipe alongside the foundation.

Does anyone know how best to remove this staining. Any specific product
and or technique that works best?

Thanks.

Vertical surface? Harder to do. On a horizontal surface you can start with
the Speedy Dri stuff and let it sit of a day or two and get 85% of it. I
don't know of any way of holding it to the wall, but that would help if you
made some sort of cover. Strong detergent will help. Time and weather
exposure helps. I don't know if it will ever fully disappear.