Posted to alt.home.repair

Default pinhole leak in basement floor

wrote in message
ps.com...
I have pinhole leak in my concrete basement floor. At worst, it leaks
maybe one drop every ten seconds. The water flows across the floor
where I walk all the time, collects, and keeps the humidity high. It's
more of a problem than "pinhole leak" would suggest.

What can I do to stop the leak?

Think of your house as a concrete boat. If water is coming up a pinhole,
thee is plenty more just below hte slab. You have to get rid of it.

Recently, on Ask This Old House, they solved a similar problem by installing
a sump and a pump. You should investigate doing that. Thee was a large
amount of water, just a few inches below the concrete slab. They rented an
electric jack hammer to break up the slab where needed.