Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default cutting straight edge on table saw ?

"TimR" wrote in message
I have a number of rough edged 8" wide planks I need to have on straight
edge on. On my table saw with a Bessemer fence...is there a technique

that
I can create a straight sedge on one edge of the lumber ?

Attach the rough edged plank to a plank of similar length that has a
straight edge (the guide piece).

Set the fence so that, with the straight edge of the guide piece against the
fence, you rip just enough of one edge off the rough plank to make it
straight.

Remove the plank from the guide, put the new straight edge against the fence
and rip the opposite edge parallel.

Note: one method to attach the planks for the first cut is to use screws in
a waste area.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 8/29/06