Posted to rec.woodworking
boorite boorite is offline

Default cutting straight edge on table saw ?

TimR wrote:
I have a number of rough edged 8" wide planks I need to have on straight
edge on. On my table saw with a Bessemer fence...is there a technique that
I can create a straight sedge on one edge of the lumber ?

Thanks, TR

1. tack a straight board onto the crooked one. Rip an edge. That's now
your true edge.

2. Or tape a long piece of angle iron to one edge to reference the rip
fence and rip the other edge.

3. Or clamp a piece of aluminum or steel channel to the fence long
enough so that the work is supported end to end throughout the cut.
Make sure you reference the more CONCAVE side to the fence.