Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] scott21230@gmail.com is offline

Default Converting interior mortise lock from skelaton key to thumb turn

There are conversion kits available for this purpose.

However, another alternate would be to remove all the skeleton ket
stuff, then use a high quality wood filler, like DAP's plastic wood,
applied in small amounts at a time over several days. Once it's been
filled in, just use a regular lock install kit and paint door. At
least this way it will look like it's always been that way.

However, I am keeping my sleleton key locks on all my doors. It's
simply easier just to take them apart, clean and lube then, and get the
proper key for it, then reassemble.