Posted to alt.home.repair
jIM jIM is offline

Default fall lawn care for "newly" seeded lawn

New Construction house which closed in December 05. Grass planted
(seeded and strawed) in June of 06. Cincinnati, Ohio

Fertilized once with scott's turfbuilder plus in August. Grass is
green and thick in most spots.

when should any of the following be done:

a) plant grass seed in bare spots and thin spots?
b) fertilize again?
c) use weedkiller (for crab grass and cloves)?
d) how low should grass get cut?

I have heard to fertilize right before it snows... which I planned on
doing. Any reason to fertilize now, then again in November? Can I
wait until November?

In addition any "pre-winter" outside home maintainance anyone suggests?