Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Mark is offline

Default Solar Pool Heater Question

Craig Davis wrote:
I live in Central Texas and want to heat a 12' W X 28' L X 4' 4" D exercise
pool for year around use as economically as possible. I have the roof of a
24' X 45' RV barn located next to the pool that is available for solar
collectors. The sides of the barn face North and South and have no shade.
Can I maintain 84 degrees F in the winter using solar heat if I use a cover
for the pool when it is not being used? Would I need a booster heat source
for cold snaps? Thanks in advance for any information you can provide.

the cover will be a BIG help..try it with just the cover first.

Mark