Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] jaykchan@hotmail.com is offline

Default Repair Cracks in Asphalt Driveway

z wrote:
wrote:

I got all industrious and got some of the asphalt ropy stuff from Lowes
that you heat up with a torch to fill the crack, and filled in all the
cracks in my driveway last fall. Don't bother trying it.

I don't quite follow you. Have you tried the "heating asphalt rod"
technique yet? Any luck and how this goes?

Yeah, I not only bought two rolls of the stuff, I even bought a torch.
Did a pretty job, but next spring the exact same cracks were in the
exact same places, no exception.

Sorry to hear this. I think you are referring to asphalt rod product
like crackstix that were mentioned in this newsgroup before. I was
thinking of giving it a try in large cracks. I guess I will have to
reconsider.

Jay Chan