Posted to rec.woodworking
Steve W Steve W is offline

Default What happened toThompsons Water seal?

Some unsolicited advice, try another brand. I used Thompsons several times
on my deck and found it not very durable. I had to reapply pretty much
every other year. The last stain I used was Cabot, which was much better.
I don't remember when I applied it, but it has been about 5 years and it
still looks better than the Thompson's did in 2.

-Steve W

"Shopdog" wrote in message
I bought a new 5 gal. pail of Thompsons the other day to finish my
deck, I opened it up and its milky! What gives my other (older) single gal
is clear fluid. The look of the pail is the same but the product seems to
have changed.
Any ideas on this. I don't like the milky product, I tested it on a
concrete section of my patio and it is now blotchy. Yet a section of the
patio done with the older pail looks fine.

Searcher