Posted to alt.home.repair
Dan_Musicant Dan_Musicant is offline

Default Plumbing problem

On 20 Sep 2006 07:35:45 -0700, "Harry K"
wrote:

:
an_Musicant wrote:
: I forgot one other probable/possible clue:
:
: Yesterday, when turning on the water in my newly installed sink and it
: was draining, I heard a distinct glug_glug_glug from from the toilet! I
: never heard that before. I had to leave, and I was thinking it over. I
: remembered that the sink had drained slowly for a day or two in the
: summer but then seemed alright, so I figured maybe I had a trapped air
: problem in the sink drain that was causing it to drain slowly. I thought
: that maybe if I flushed the toilet, the sink would drain again OK. If
: only my problem could be so easily solved. Of course, flushing the
: toilet didn't help!
:
: Dan
:
: PS Yes, it's pretty obvious that fixing this one will be no easy fix.
: At the very least, tearing open floor/wall and replacing bad drain pipes
: and considerable repair to repair floor/wall. The whole house could use
: a plumbing upgrade. I think I'm going to be soliciting quotes soon.
: Thanks for the answers.
:
:You have a couple of choices, neither pleasant.
:
:Tear open the walls and ceiling to that upstairs bath and fix
:everything. Don't forget to correct the vent pipe problem as that is
robably over 1/2 your problem right there.
:
:Close down the bath and forget it is there. Try to shut off any water
:lines leading into it.
:
:Harry K

The tub and sink are useless, but the toilet seems to work OK.