Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc
Jules Jules is offline

Default OT. New online postage stamps?

On Wed, 20 Sep 2006 19:10:47 +0100, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Guy King wrote:
The message
from Stuart contains these words:

Thats why I usually put sellotape over the address if I have printed out a
label,although usually I just write it with a pen .

I've found that if you print labels they slip through the post much
quicker. The machine readers can do the postcode more successfully if it
isn't hand-scrawled.

There are two sorts of people in this world. Those that look for ways to
break human derived systems on the basis that 'they ought to be better';
and those that have better things to do, and print labels on a machine
that another machine can read.

Add to that a third class who expect a system used by humans to also be
operated by humans, rather than by a machine (which, for certain classes
of operation, can have a far higher error rate - handwriting recognition
is undoubtedly one of those categories :-)