Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bitstreams Bitstreams is offline

Default Pendant light to recessed spotlight

My bedroom has a single pendant light fitting and I'd like to change it
to a recessed spot. Is this likely to be easy to do?

I've unscrewed the fitting and there seems to be lots of wires coming
through a small hole. I think there are 4 red and 2 black and then two
which look like earths going to the fitting casing.

If I was being adventurous I'd like to replace it with 3 spots, all
turned on by the same light switch. Would I wire them in parallel
somehow.

As you can tell I am a complete novice at this