Posted to alt.home.repair
Goedjn Goedjn is offline

Default Testing home water

Rich wrote:
"Mike S." wrote in message
oups.com...
I would like to get my water analyzed to make sure it's ok to drink as
there was recently a problem with it.I'd like to try testing it myself
but I know I need a special kit. Does anyone know how or where I could
get one of these kits?

Try your county services they might do it for free or a small handling
charge.

Rich

Thanks, but I want to avoid having it done by any county service. My
local county government cannot be trusted which is why I'd rather test
the water myself.

You can't really do an adequate well scan yourself,
although there are some specific things you can test for.
If you know what you're looking for, you can order
a test kit online. What was problem that you
recently had with it?

Still, it would be better to find a private testing
company in your area that where you can have
samples tested every year or two. There's got
to be one. Look in the phone book of the nearest
large municipality.