Posted to rec.woodworking
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default Jointer update.. the saga continues

In article .com, "stryped" wrote:
I started it up last night. The belt is a few sizes too big so I am
going to have to fix that. I was a little disappointed. I rand the edge
of a board through. The board was junping up and down while I was
holding it as it was hitting the blades. It put "ripples" in the bottom
of he board. Not sure exactly what this means. Maybe the blades need
sharpened? Maybe the cutterhead needs to turn faster? I took the blades
off this mornign and plan to have them sharpened somewhere. I plan to
adjust the tables and everything this weekend. I think the blades
should be adjusted so they are level with the rear table, right? The
old manual I have says the front table but that has got to be a
misprint. I have never heard that before. The manual also says
somethign about adjusting the front tbale but elsewhere it says there
is no adjustment.

You got excellent advice from dpb.

I'd like to add one mo please, please, please learn do a Google search once
in a while. ALL of these questions have been answered in this group before,
and more than once.

--
Regards,