Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc
Stuart Stuart is offline

Default OT. New online postage stamps?

On 19 Sep 2006 06:42:19 -0700, wrote:

Roland Perry wrote:
In the USA they have a better system: a set of scales in an open area at
the Post Office

They do in all the POs I've been into in the UK, on the public side of
the counter. I've never had a problem going up and weighing things and
then joining the back of the queue if I determine I haven't got the
correct stamps.

MBQ

Well that's what they used to have as I did that as well but now they have some
new fangles thingy that you put the letter etc on and it shows the assistant on
his/her side of the counter what the cost is .Not so convenient as the previous
arrangement .

Stuart