Posted to alt.home.repair
BobK207 BobK207 is offline

Default Above Garage Attic Storage

waynesho wrote:
Thanks for the suggestions, and as recommended I will talk to a
professional.

One clarification comment ... the note about worry about the weight of the
plywood and not knowing what is going on, was why I asked in the first
place. It is better to ask professionals than guess on your own. My
concern here is that the span is 24 feet, with double 5/8" fire rated
drywall ... I did not want to put plywood down and add even more weight. I
am done thanks ... but in the future keep it constructive ... the site is
intended to ask questions not be critizied.

Wayne-

If you're going to use the ng's get a tougher skin & do a little
homework in advance.....

like how much does the current drywall weigh? how much would the
plywood add? How much would your stored items add? Even a novice with
a little effort could find this stuff out.

But being a sensitive & reasonable guy, I'll discount the cost of my
advice by 50% on account of you feeling criticized.....

oh, wait.....that's right, the advice was free, my bad

I just paid $400 for a site visit, calcs, retrofit sketch & report
for a re-roof; that's what it usually takes to get real advice / hard
numbers.....

It is better to ask professionals than guess on your own.

yup, that's what I said, really hard to see your garage from here

btw re-read your second post with a open critical mind.....you didn't
get thumped on until after that one because it looked to me like you
we

answer shopping, talking a poll to arrive at a design solution
you were going ahead with your plan without getting things checked out,

you were trying to get an ok or not ok over the internet to very site
specific question

the thumping you got was to wake you up before you did something that
might cause a problem for you or others, consider yourself
helped.........

cheers
Bob