Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mac davis mac davis is offline

Default Slightly OT-Compressors

On Tue, 19 Sep 2006 21:27:19 -0500, "Barry N. Turner"
wrote:

I looked at lots of small portable "nailer-sized" compressors. All I wanted
was something big enough to blow off shavings off my lathe and spray finish
on some small items. All it took to change my mind was hearing one of the
small oilless compressors run.

I switched strategies and bought a 6 HP upright oil-lube model with a
60-gallon tank from Home Depot. I can blow shavings all day long before it
ever kicks on. And its quieter when it does run. The trade-off? It ain't
very portable........unless you have a fork lift and a 220 volt extension
cord.

Barry... how much was the compressor?
Mac

https://home.comcast.net/~mac.davis