Posted to rec.woodworking
CW CW is offline

Default Stainless steel deck screws: Phillips or Square-Drive?

Last ones I had were square drive. Started out that way at least. When less
than half way into the would, they converted themselves to round drive. Used
coated deck screws instead.

wrote in message
oups.com...
I am building a deck and have found the least-expensive stainless
screws. For the size I want (#10x3") it's the same price for Phillips
or square-drive. I like square-drive for most applications, but
stainless is another animal, and I don't have enough experience to know
if possibly Phillips will work better for these deck screws.

I have searched rec.woodworking for advice, but haven't found any
directly applilcable.

Any thoughts?