Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Glazing an external door

robgraham wrote:
My daughter has asked me to glaze an external hardwood door she is
having made for her. It's a small pane configuration rather than one
large sheet of glass. I understand that the joiner will be supplying
the beads and the glass will come from the local glazier.

What do I bed the glass into ? I would have thought that something
flexible should be used to account for the slight flexing of the door.
Putty I would have thought would in due course set hard and crack.

Thanks in advance

Rob

My wood doors have a wooden beading lined with putty. Butyl as it
happens. Not much is needed.