Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Repair Cracks in Asphalt Driveway

MtlSales wrote:
I'm in Montreal, Canada, and with the amount of salt I use, I'm surprised I
don't need to repair my asphalt more often. I wish I could say the same
about my Concrete stair case however Sometimes, I wonder if I should
redo my concrete stairway, and then cover the whole think in a Marine grade
Epoxy. How the hell does the concrete in most ports, survive the salt ?
I am sick of doing Concrete repairs..

-Tony

repair your steps just right wait a couple weeks then apply liberal
amount of thompsons water seal.

liberal dump on then spread heavily with brush leave dry overnite or a
couple days.

it will slightly darken the concrete but seal all the poors so water
and salt cant get in/

water beads after thompsons drys.

it doesnt make the concrete slippery or anything.

reapply every 2 or 3 years when you notice water isnt beading
anymore...

first application will absorb a LOT after that reapplys will be much
less.

me and some friends did this in pittsburgh it ended the repairs
forever