Posted to sci.electronics.repair
default default is offline

Default wife wants to junk them

On Tue, 19 Sep 2006 02:25:13 GMT, Mark Modrall
wrote:

The second is an old canister vac that is just losing power. I took
the thing apart down to the housing last weekend and cleaned it out, but
it didn't help much. The actual vacuum part (blade and such under the
motor) was in a housing that I couldn't remove so I couldn't tell if
there was something inside I should clean.

I concur with what is already said about it. Don't overlook the
obvious problem with a vacuum passage being plugged up on the
canister.

You may also want to check commutator/windings with an ohm meter to
make sure they are all the same. An open winding or bad connection to
the commutator will also cause those symptoms (along with some
sparking from the brushes).