Posted to rec.woodworking
Brian Elfert Brian Elfert is offline

Default Possible Stupid Question

"Leon" writes:

Have you actually looked at the amount of the sales receipt compared to the
hardware receipt?
In Houston, the Borgs are almost a dime a dozen. I can buy almost anything
they sell cheaper at the local hardware store. I noticed that about 3 years
ago.

You must have some damn good local hardware stores. I was at the hardware
store for a bolt or screw and decided to check on the price of a drill bit
I needed. I decided at two or three times the price of the BORG I could
wait until my next trip to the BORG.

Another time I wanted a 12" abrasive blade. $15 at the hardware store and
$5 at the BORG.

The local hardware store is good for nuts and bolts and that is about it.

Brian Elfert