Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y
John John is offline

Default Any Alarm Gurus Out There?

My in laws have gone on holiday and I am doing some decorating and looking
after the house. The problem is the burglar alarm goes off every day. I
set the alarm at approx 3PM and I get a call from their neighbour at 8 to
8-30 PM saying "the alarm is going off". The electricity has never been
switched off by me for decorating purposes. When I look at the event log,
it is always a different zone so that discounts a spider etc crawling over a
passive. Two of the activations have been 1 x door contacts (not surface
type) and 1 x panic button! I have now left the alarm off to save the
neighbours any more grief. Why would it go off after 5 hours or so? Any
ideas before I call an engineer?

Cheers

John