Posted to uk.d-i-y
neil neil is offline

Default access (manhole) cover for driveway

"Phil L" wrote in message
. uk...
neil wrote:
The 40 year old drain cover on my driveway has finally cracked, so I
need to replace it soon - car can be parked further down so that's
ok, leaving only pedestrian loads.
I've measured the cover itself and it's 640 mm by 495 mm.
I've had a browse of various supplier web sites, ManholeCover.co.uk
looking the most promising.
Does anyone have any advice for a complete drainage newbie ?
Hoping to phone them tomorrow for a chat and order - the MHS-9024 on
page
http://www.manholecovers.co.uk/acces...00-series.html appears
to be the one, but it would be nice if someone with some
expertise in these things can confirm.
thanks in anticipation,
Neil

Have a look in B&Q warehouse, they are cheaper than manholecovers.co.uk,
failing that, try a local builders merchant, but *not* travis perkins,
unless you intend taking out a 2nd mortgage.

Thanks Phil. There's a new B&Q in Gillingham I can try.
Travis Perkins was on the list of possibles ...
cheers,
Neil