Posted to uk.d-i-y
neil neil is offline

Default Laminate Flooring

wrote in message
ups.com...
im about to lay some flooring in my bathroom. I laid laminate in my
old flat about 5 years ago and truth be told it was an ok job - apart
from corners and cuttings whicj made it look pretty cheap.. So im
wondering anybody any ideas on how best to cut round toilet, central
heating pipes etc... Im using quality products and dont want to make a
complete mess
any ideas please..

When I did mine I took a piece of printer paper (A4) and cut it almost into
strips, like a sort of comb.
Then taped it to the floor by the pedestal so the cut strips were going up
the side of the pedestal.
Then for each strip, pushed it down against the base, and marked with a
pencil.
After all that, removed paper, with lots of little pencil marks revealing
pretty good shape of base.
Slight fun aligning paper / floor / laminate to make sure cut started in
right place,
but end result not bad - about 1-2mm gap all round, which filled with mastic
OK.
hth
Neil