Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default Rip Off Britain?

On 2006-09-19 13:16:14 +0100, "The Medway Handyman"
said:

The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:
The Medway Handyman wrote:

I'm starting to wonder how much brand name power tools are in France
& Belgium. Do they work on UK voltage? Since I go every two or so
months this could be interesting!

So why didn't visit a DIY shed and jot down a few prices whilst over
there? then compare with the average UK pricing.

Because I went at night......................

Like the Irish space mission to the sun....

You can look on the web sites of the main players like

- Castorama (Kingfisher group)
- Leroy Merlin
- Mr Bricolage
- Bricorama
- Brico Depot
- Brico (Belgium)

If you want to venture a bit further, there is Bauhaus (Germany and a
few in Holland) which is pretty good.

For an all-time bricofix, there is nothing to beat BHV. This is
actually an enormous department store and their store in Paris (Rivoli
- near Hotel de Ville) is an Aladdin's cave. Even the coffee shop
leaves anything B&Q can muster in tatters.

Cliquez ici:

http://www.bhv.fr/index.php?id=290

There are a few stores away from Paris, but none in the north
unfortunately, apart from Caen.