Posted to misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair
souperman@_______.com souperman@_______.com is offline

Default Oil drain valve for Briggs and Stratton Engine

On Sun, 17 Sep 2006 23:04:43 -0400, John R wrote:

My snow blower has a 4 inch pipe to drain the oil. In trying to remove
the cap at the end of that pipe, I discovered the cap wouldn't budge but the
pipe came out of the engine. I eventually resolved that (man was that cap
torqued tight) and put a 90 elbow with a radiator valve instead of the cap
so I could easily change oil in the future. Unfortunately this valve had a
slow leak and was very messy to use. So I'm looking for a bona-fide oil
quick drain.

Something like this: (Kohler part # 125237)
http://www.jsesc.com/Catalog/Product...d-006097da9b5a

Unfortunately, that is for a 3/8" diameter pipe and mine is 1/2"NPT. (An
adaptor would be too much weight). Is anyone aware of one? A Briggs and
Stratton part number would be ideal. I've heard of B&S part # 5401D but
can't find any information about this, like what its size is.

Thanks!

Note to self, use yellow teflon tape!
Sears snow blower thrower 881750 536.881750 intek ohv 7.5 horsepower oil
pipe 696683

Yeah, and some object will get stuck on that radiator valve and drain
all your oil while the engine is running. That will be he end of it.
Just put the pipe in a vice adn remove the cap. Then reinstall it
using anti-sieze compound. Or replace the whole thing, pipe and plug.